Monday 1 March 2010

Day Four (Locked out)

Rising early, I embraced the morning sunshine, raised spirits and opportunity do a few sketches in town before heading to the Horsebridge to hang my latest observations. I followed this with an art-stroll through town, being particularly struck by the dynamic prints on show at the Fish Slab Gallery and after conversations about printing, pens and comice pears, all was looking good for some afternoon pen-on-paper action…until annoyance struck and I discovered that my house lock had jammed, leaving me out in the cold, with a bag of vegetables and waiting for a locksmith! Chilly feet and a need to let off steam drove me into the Duke, where a glass of wine accompanied an encounter with a stuffed monkey…strangely enough this is the second example of a taxidermists monkey work that I have seen since arriving in town...is there more than one or perhaps this is an underground/above ground trend??

No comments:

Post a Comment